Guest VIP Tablescape Artist, Vana Stiller
“April showers bring May flowers” but they also bring
vegetables and fruits from the garden and the
Recreate a similar tablescape by gathering random
items from around your home (keeping your theme
• Containers and/or objects of varying heights and
sizes including wooden or metal boxes and vases
• sports items
• small picture frames or placques
• small musical instruments
• twine or ribbon
• Fresh or silk flowers
• fruits or vegetables – potatoes: used as place card holders in this setting.
• Table runner, tablecloth or placemats
What you choose here can change the entire look. For example, change the
burlap runner to a black and white stripe runner or to a solid color runner. You
don’t always have to use a perfect sized tablecloth. Consider using a smaller
tablecloth and place it on the diagonal.
Make sure to think outside the box. You are not limited to tablecloths, vases and
flowers. Set the items on the table, move them around, add and take away. Let
your creativity take over.