Fresh Sugar Snap Pea Salad
- 8 oz. fresh sugar snap peas
- ½ red bell pepper julienne
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 3 Tbsp plain Greek yogurt
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove minced
- ¼ cup Messina Hof Gewürztraminer
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soak peas in salt water for 10 minutes. Use 1 part salt and 10 parts water. Drain and rinse.
Remove string, slice thin on bias and add to bell pepper.
Mix all the ingredients together to create the dressing, excluding the peas and peppers
Once blended, pour the dressing over the pea and pepper mixture and fold together
Allow to sit overnight under refrigeration
Served in a lettuce leaf
Executive Chef Chris Shepley of The Vintage House Restaurant features vineyard cuisine and locally grown fresh from the garden produce in his recipes. He conducts Cooking Parties with the Chef on the third Sunday of each month at Messina Hof Winery.