Pecan Caramel Bread pudding
- 1 loaf white bread cubed
- 1 quart liquid eggs
- 2 cups half and half
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups caramel sauce
- Place the cubed bread in a bowl
- In a separate bowl mix together the remaining six ingredients, reserve 1 cup caramel sauce
- Pour the liquid mix over the bread pudding
- Spoon into buttered ramekins
- Bake in a water bath at 350 degrees for 25 minutes till center is firm
Serve warm with remaining caramel sauce drizzled over.
Executive Chef Chris Shepley of The Vintage House Restaurant features vineyard cuisine and locally grown fresh from the garden produce in his recipes. He conducts Cooking Parties with the Chef on the third Sunday of each month at Messina Hof Winery.