Rack of Lamb
Rack of lamb
- 1 rack of lamb room temperature, frenched
- 4 6-inch sprigs of mint use fresh mint during roasting
- 2 ounces mint jelly or mint sauce
- 2 6-inch sprigs of mint
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup Messina Hof Cabernet Sauvignon (or your favorite Messina Hof bold red wine)
- 1 tbsp cracked fresh peppercorns
- dash of salt
- pinch of thyme
Marinate lamb a minimum of 30 minutes.
Wrap Frenched bones individually with foil. Place rack of lamb on roasting rack with fat side up. Put roasting rack on a tray with water in the bottom of the tray to keep the oven moist.
Place 2 of the fresh mint springs under the lamb on the rack and 2 on top of the fat side of the lamb. Place lamb in oven and roast at 350 F until internal temperature reaches 135 F for medium rare. (Remember that the lamb will continue to cook once removed from the heat.) Do not overcook.
In the meantime, reduce remaining marinade by 2/3 volume. Add 2 ounces of mint jelly or mint syrup to reduction and stir until dissolved and sauce is consistent.
Let lamb rest 5 minutes and then cut chops individually and spoon sauce over chops.