Wine Pairings for Dishes with Parsley
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
My favorite herb for all wines!
Wine Pairings for Parsley:
- Mild lightly sweet herbal flavors of parsley make it a versatile addition to most recipes.
- Parsley has a light flavor weight that pairs nicely with white wines. (Eaten raw whites are better.)
- Curly Parsley has a lighter flavor weight but more texture. Flat leaf has a stronger flavor. Consider a combination.
- It is an essential herb in every one of my herb blends.
- Chop finely while dry – not wet, and chop by hand – not in a blender or food processor. This will prevent it from clumping
- My favorite uses of parsley are in tabouleh and as a Sicilian topping mixed with lemon zest and minced garlic for most meat or pasta dishes.
- Recommended wines:
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.