Wine Pairings for Dishes with Jujube
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
Wine & Jujube (Chinese Red Date):
- Dates do not grow in our area but Jujube’s do and dried jujube’s taste just like dates!
- Pit them just like dates before using in a recipe. Use them in any recipe calling for dates.
- Include them with dried fruits and cheese between the entrée and dessert.
- Try the lighter and slightly sweet wines, like Spumante or Gewurztraminer, or the dessert wines like the Tawny Port with the individual fruit. In the Culinary View featured Jujube (Date) bread recipe, you should also try the Malbec or the Tempranillo.
- Replace the rolls on your table with this delicious treat for a WOW! (You might even serve a little fig jam on the side.)
- Messina Hof Texas Muscat Canelli Spumante
- Messina Hof Private Reserve Gewurztraminer
- Messina Hof Private Reserve Malbec
- Paulo Tempranillo
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.