Wine Pairings for Dishes with Peppers
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
5 Tips for Pairing Wine with Peppers:
- Texas is known for peppers – hot and sweet. The extremes give us great diversity of wine choices!
- Raw peppers are high in acid so pair with high acid wines. Try Messina Hof Pinot Grigio, Messina Hof Sauvignon Blanc or Father & Son Riesling=
- Cooked peppers have softer stewed flavors so try Sophia Marie Rose’ or red wines like Messina Hof Sangiovese, Paulo Zinfandel, or Messina Hof Tempranillo
- Hot peppers can scorch taste buds. Sweet wines mask the heat and allow you to taste the flavors. Try Messina Hof Gewürztraminer, Messina Hof Moscato or Beau.
- Peperanato is a perfect side for OctoberFest – top your favorite sausage or franks and serve with your favorite red wine.
- Messina Hof Gewürztraminer
- Paulo Zinfandel
- Messina Hof Tempranillo
- Messina Hof Beau
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.