Wine Pairings for Mixed Season Lettuce with a Berry Grenache Vinaigrette
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
- Raw Sugar Snap Peas can be a crisp, sweet but tangy raw vegetable snack or ingredient in any salad.
- Add a bit of lemon juice and kosher salt to taste to enjoy as a snack.
- Adding creamy cheeses or asian herbs and spices create versatile wine pairing side dishes with dry or sweet reds, rose’s, and fruity whites
- Raw Sugar Snap Peas as a snack or in a salad pair well with white wines that have good acidity like Pinot Grigio, Dry Riesling, Orange Muscat or Gewurztraminer.
- In the Fresh Sugar Snap Pea Salad recipe Gewürztraminer is an ingredient. By pairing the same wine with this dish, there is a natural flavor affinity.
- Making dishes that include creamy cheeses pair well with red wines like Sangiovese.
- Recommended wines:
- Tribute Series Gewurztraminer (dry white with spicy flavors)
- Messina Hof Dry Riesling ( dry white wine with crisp citrusy flavors)
- Private Reserve Orange Muscat (semi-sweet white wine with orange notes)
- Artist Series Sangiovese (dry Italian-style red with cherry notes)
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.