Servings 16 biscotti
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Solera Sherry
- 1 tsp baking power
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pecan pieces toasted and roughly chopped
- Cream the butter, shortening and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl each time.
- Add the vanilla & Sherry.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients in in two batches till well mixed.
- Transfer the dough to a table and divide the dough into three equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a log about 10” in length.
- Flatten slightly.
- Bake the logs at 300 degrees for 20 minutes in a convection oven (350 for 30-35 in conventional).
- Cool the log and slice them in 1” thick slices once cool.
- Now lower the oven temperature 50 degrees and bake on the biscotti a second time for 20 minutes on each side, turning the biscotti over after the first 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, dip in chocolate laced with Messina Hof port.