5 Tips on Pairing Wine with Green Beans:
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
- Raw green beans can be a crisp raw vegetable snack or ingredient in any salad.
- Adding creamy cheeses or Asian herbs and spices create versatile wine pairing side dishes with dry or sweet reds, rose’s, and fruity whites
- The Cool Asian Green Bean salad pairs well with white wines that have good acidity like Pinot Grigio, Riesling, Serenity or Gewurztraminer.
- In the recipe Messina Hof Solera Sherry is an ingredient. Pairing the same wine with this dish creates a natural flavor affinity. This wine is sweet so you can adjust the Vinaigrette by reducing the honey or increasing the ginger to create more balance.
- Making dishes that include creamy cheeses pair well with red wines like Sangiovese.
- Tribute Series Gewurztraminer (dry white with spicy flavors)
- Messina Hof Riesling (semi-sweet white wine with appley-citrus flavors)
- Messina Hof Serenity (semi-sweet white wine with orange notes)
- Artist Series Sangiovese (dry Italian-style red with cherry notes)
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.