Asparagus Bonarrigo Style
- 1 to 2 pounds green asparagus
- 3 cups water
- 3 tsp Salt
- Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Remove woody ends from asparagus stalks. Peel stalks that are not tender. Tie asparagus in a bundle. In a deep saucepan bring water and salt to a boil. Place bundle of asparagus in the boiling water. Cover, lower the heat to simmer, and cook for 20 minutes.
- Drain the asparagus and place on the serving plate. Sprinkle with cheese as desired.
- Fry the eggs in the oil to sunny side. Place fried egg on top of the asparagus. Salt and pepper to taste.
1. We also use roasted asparagus.
2. Add a side of salsa or marinara if you like.
Recipe from Merrill’s Kitchen.