- Mild lightly sweet herbal flavors of parsley make it a versatile addition to most recipes.
- Parsley has a light flavor weight that pairs nicely with white wines. (Eaten raw whites are better.)
- When you add stronger flavors like oregano or mint, it marries well with lighter red wines.
- Adding additional heavier earthy elements, such as mushrooms and bacon, create depth and richness and allow for pairings with heavier and more full-bodied wines.
- Different seasonings and spices can also be used in the dish with different flavor directions. Add garlic and onion for more savory flavors.
- Pesto Parsley works well with white and red wines. It has a mixture of herbs with different flavor weights plus both lemon juice and red wine vinegar.
- Add as a condiment to fish, chicken, pasta, rice, eggs or beef; use as a dip for bread or plantains; use as a spread.
- Recommended wines:
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.