- 1 large yellow onion peel and cut into quarters
- 3-4 cloves garlic
- 1 jalapeno pepper destem
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 4 persimmons peeled
- ½ cup MH PR Chardonnay
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss the onions/garlic/tomatoes and pepper in oil seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Place the oiled vegetables on a sheet pan and place in a 350-degree oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, until the tomatoes have burst and the other vegetables are nicely charred.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Place the charred vegetables and the peeled persimmons with wine in a food processor. Puree.
- Adjust with salt and pepper to taste.
- This salsa can be served with fish/poultry/pork
- Eat with tortilla chips
Executive Chef Chris Shepley of The Vintage House Restaurant features vineyard cuisine and locally grown fresh from the garden produce in his recipes. He conducts Cooking Parties with the Chef on the third Sunday of each month at Messina Hof Winery.