Wine Pairings for Dishes with Texas Tarragon
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
Wine Pairings for Dishes with Texas Tarragon:
- Though not truly a tarragon, Texas Tarragon, has wonderful anise aromas and flavors. Some say even more savory that the traditional French Tarragon. It is a plant that grows so well in your landscape and produces beautiful marigold flowers.
- The leaves have a liquorish & pine like flavor with hints of citrus and spice. This crisp pungent flavor weight in the herb makes the dish perfect with crisp white wines and medium bodied reds.
- Fresh Texas Tarragon has brighter flavor than dried. Take care to marry the brighter flavors in the dish with a wine that will not be smothered by the herb.
- Texas Tarragon is beautiful on fish & chicken dishes; make your own tarragon vinegar; and use on vegetables like asparagus.
- It marries well with reds like whites like Riesling, Pinot Grigio, Gewurztraminer and Semillon. Dried Rosemary marries well with medium bodied reds like Grenache and GSM.
- The Vintage House Wilted Spinach Salad with Hot Bacon Merlot Dressing recipe goes with both white and red wines.
- Recommended wines:
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.