Wine Pairings for Dishes with Broccoli
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
- Broccoli is America’s favorite vegetable according to a survey by Green Giant. It is one of the most versatile vegetables prepared in many different ways and can work with any wine depending on preparation!
- Broccoli served raw or blanched tastes lean and light making it pair best with light wines like Riesling and Blanc du Bois.
- Introducing fatty or creamy elements or fried preparations boost flavor weight and texture which allow pairing with richer heavier white wines like oak aged Chardonnay and rose’s like our Sparkling Rose’ or Sophia Marie Rose’.
- Broccoli Custard is a recipe that is so versatile that it pairs with whites, rose’s and even the boldest reds like Bordeaux Blends, Primitivo and Sagrantino.
- Recommended wines:
- Messina Hof Dry Riesling
- Messina Hof Private Reserve Blanc Du Bois
- Messina Hof Private Reserve Primitivo, Artist Series
- Messina Hof Private Reserve Reflections of Love
- Messina Hof Sagrantino Reserva
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.