Wine Pairings for Dishes with Carrots
as recommended by Karen Bonarrigo & Merrill Bonarrigo
5 Things to know about Pairing wines with Carrots
- Carrots are healthy vegetables for the plate, great snacks raw and sweet treats for the children on the go. There are so many things to do with Carrots! It’s a staple in our home.
Bright flavors and natural sweetness goes well with everything.
Carrots are sweet but simple, both in preparation and in flavor weight.
Roasted and caramelized or cooked in beef broth or butter, carrots have heavier flavor weight that go nicely with heavier flavored and fatty foods and wines like the Messina Hof GSM or the Aggie Network Gig‘Em Red (Try with Maroon Carrots!).
Raw carrots go well with light crisp white wines or rose’ like the Messina Hof Grenache’ Rose’ or the Orange Muscat.
Try it with these recommended wines:
- Messina Hof Orange Muscat (semi-sweet white with aromas of orange blossoms)
- Messina Hof Grenache Rose’
- Messina Hof GSM (non-traditional options but dynamic dry red option that can match holiday style spices in dishes)
- Messina Hof Aggie Network Gig’Em Red (Dynamic red blend with notes of dark fruit and vanilla)
- Angel (heavenly sweet late harvest Riesling)
Merrill and Karen Bonarrigo, Wine and Food Pairing experts at Messina Hof Wine Cellars, Inc.